The Junior League is a volunteer powerhouse of transformational female leaders who set bold goals, open their circles, disrupt convention and change the conversation for the betterment of civil society. In total, there are 140,000 League members making a difference in 291 communities across four countries.
In Dayton, our membership consists of about 75 Active Members and 250 Sustaining Members, a unique membership model that ensures the League mission is realized both individually and community-wide. Each year, we welcome about 20 New Members, and we employ one part-time administrative assistant.
- Are responsible for coordinating and implementing the League’s signature community programs
- Maintain all facets of League operations, from fundraising and budgeting to marketing and member engagement
- Support the League by serving as advisors to Active Members and committees
- Sustain the League through philanthropic contributions
- Continue a cycle of strong women’s leadership by serving on local boards, running for office, and providing leadership and expertise to the business, nonprofit, and faith communities.
Reaching Out Statement
The Junior League of Dayton reaches out to women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in, and commitment to, voluntarism. We believe in:
- Volunteering to make a difference in the lives of people in our community.
- Promoting the development of friendships, rewarding relationships, and personal growth opportunities.
- Providing opportunities to learn effective volunteer and leadership skills.
- Effectively managing our financial resources.
- Valuing and recognizing the talents and efforts of our members.
- Being inclusive of all women who desire volunteer opportunities.